After 9 month of travelling it’s time for a short review. What was the most bizarre, the best and the worst experience at my whole trip so far? What new stuff did I try, what did I learn?
For this reason I did a really personal interview: 9 month, 10 questions and 1 short movie: Before reading also watch my video (one picture every day with music) @vimeo: https://vimeo.com/187675273 – Password: travel
- What was the most bizarre experience on your trip so far?
- For sure the meditation sessions at the Philippines. To breathe actively in you chakras, feel like a coconut and having visions is for sure super bizarre.
- What did other travellers learn from you?
- How to use a washing machine. Actually I was asked how it works by at least 10 guys.
- What did you learn from other travellers?
- Besides lot of useful apps and great places to travel to I for sure learned to ask more questions. Everyone has a different story to tell and most of the time they were really inspiring for me.
- What was the most shocking moment?
- It actually was not the Nepali open air crematory or begging people but a very personal experience.
- We have been to a nice family-owned massage place in Phuket, talked very nicely with the girls, even congratulated one of them to their birthday. Suddenly the red light went on and more and more old Westerners came in taking the girls – firstly the birthday girl – to the “back-office”. That for sure changed my picture of traditional Thai massage.
- What did you learn about yourself?
- Lot of things. Especially that I am more in love with nature and countrysides than I thought before. For some reason I feel more happy when I travel in nature than when I travel in cities.
- What did and what didn’t you improve during your trip so far?
- Got better: for sure languages – English and French are going really well, Spanish is getting better
- Got worse: getting up early, drinking alcohol (the longer I travel the less I can drink)
- What kind of new things did you try?
- Tons of. Surfing, meditation, horse riding, Snus, guitar playing, hostel work, false lashes, body scrub, weird food (Chinese Black eggs, …) and so on.
- Where have you been most afraid/ felt most insecure?
- During the earthquakes in Nepal and Taiwan, the mass panic in Paris at the public viewing and at the railway quarter in Frankfurt
- What do you miss most?
- For sure my family and friends at home. And strawberry cake.
- Tell me, which countries did you like most and least?
- Most: It depends:
- Winter: Nepal, Alaska
- Summer: Philippines, Mexico
- People: Canada, Japan, Taiwan & all places where I visited friends
- Temples: Burma
- Countrysides: Alaska, Canada
- Cities: Singapore, Montréal, Québec, Barcelona, New York and Seattle
- Least: China (exept inner Mongolia)
I am looking forward to further x great month of traveling 🙂